Pepino LX9 with 1MB SRAM
Pepino is an entry-level FPGA development board based on Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA. Pepino includes functions and features typically needed to implement computing and gaming platforms including fast/wide SRAM, PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors, VGA connector, sd-card socket and dual-channel audio connector. The board includes a built-in JTAG-over-USB programmer that’s directly supported by 3rd-party JTAG programming tools like xc3sprog and fpgaprog without the need for an external (and relatively expensive) JTAG cable.
The memory can be configured as a 32-bit, 16-bit or 8-bit memory system and can easily do random access at 50 MHz. Other features includes a large flash memory chip (16 MB) that can be used to hold several configuration bitfiles (multi-boot) or any type of user data like programs, images etc., and an on-board USB-to-serial converter that makes it simple to connect to board to a computer.
- FPGA: Spartan-6 LX9 in 256 BGA package, speed grade -2C
- Flash memory: 128 Mbit SPI flash memory (Micron N25Q128A13ESE40G) wired for 1x, 2x or 4x wide data path
- On-board SRAM: 1 MB (256Kx32) of SRAM memory with 10nS access time and individual byte-write enable
- USB device interface: High-speed (480 Mbits/s) interface using a 2-channel FTDI FT2232H chip. Channel A is wired for JTAG. Channel B is wired for serial (max 12 Mbaud) or MPSSE mode.
- VGA interface: 8-bit (256 color) analog video output
- Keyboard and mouse: PS/2 connectors for keyboard and mouse
- Audio output: Two-channel audio output using 1-bit sigma-delta DAC
- Micro-SD card: Socket for micro-SD card, wired for SPI or native (4x wide) SD interface, with activity LED and card detect switch
- DIP-switch: 8-switches
- Push-button: 1 tactile push button
- LED indicators: Power (green), config state (yellow), 9 user-defined (8 green, 1 red next to SD-card)
- User I/O: 16(J8) + 6(J7) user-defined I/O signals. The boards have female headers installed at J7 and J8.
- Form factor: 100 x 54 mm
- Assembled and tested in USA
For more info see http://www.saanlima.com/pepino/index.php?title=Welcome_to_Pepino
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: